SimplyBook.me Ltd. may collect and process personal data of the job applicants as part of the recruitment process. We will act as "data controller" in this situation and are therefore the sole decision maker of the processing of your personal data.
To be clear, while you are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide us with data during the recruitment process; it is hereby clarified that we may not be able to process your application correctly and fairly if we do not have some specific information about you. Therefore, since you trust us with your important information, we are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use your personal data. We like to tell you that meeting our data protection obligations is of high importance for us and we will:
- (a) use your personal data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way
- (b) collect your data only for valid purposes with explanation where available
- (c) collect data which is relevant and limited
- (d) make sure that data collected and used will be accurate and up-to-date;
- (e) always keep your personal information secured.
Personal data we collect and store
We collect a range of information about you such as:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- information from interviews and/or phone-screenings you may have;
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefits and entitlements;
- information about your entitlement to work in Cyprus.
We may also collect, store and use the following special categories of more sensitive personal data such as information about whether or not you have a disability for which we need to make reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment process; and/or information about criminal convictions and offences - where the nature of the job requires this; and/or equal opportunities monitoring information, including information about your ethnic origin.
The information may be collected in a variety of ways such as in application forms or insent resumes, your identification documents, through interviews with you, via interaction with third party references provided by you or other methods of assessment.
Where we will store your personal data?
We will keep your information secured in our recruitment files and IT systems such as our email system.
Purposes of processing personal data
We need to process your personal data in order to start and manage our recruitment process, assess and confirm the suitability of a job applicant and finally decide which candidate fits best for the job and will be offered employment. Therefore, we collect and process your data because:
- we have a legitimate interest - processing personal data during the recruitment process and keep records of the process;
- processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job;
- in some cases, we process data to ensure that we are complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- where we process other special categories of data, such as information about ethnic origin and health, this is for equal opportunities monitoring purposes.
It is noted here that, the processing of special categories of data will be carried out to ensure you or us can meet our obligations to exercise our rights under law related to employment or (only where applicable) to enable us to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
Disclosure of personal data
Respecting the nature of your personal data, we will never use your personal data for purposes other than the recruitment process of which you are part and will only disclose your personal data when necessary.
Safeguarding of personal data
SimplyBook.me Ltd takes the security of your data very seriously and has implemented appropriate internal policies, procedures and controls which aim to ensure that your data will not get lost, destroyed, misused or disclosed and will always be processed by individuals authorised and only to perform their duties.
Check out how we always put information security on top, here.
Retention of personal data
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, we will hold your data on file for 1 year after the end of the relevant recruitment process, unless you withdraw your consent and ask us to delete your data. If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personal file and retained during your employment.
We do not make any recruitment decisions based solely on automated decision-making. Where we use automated decision-making, especially where this could have a significant impact on you - we will let you know in advance and give you an opportunity to object.
Your rights to your personal data
Under the GDPR, you have the following principal rights:
- ask for a copy of what personal data which belong to you, we hold;
- request that we amend something included in your personal data, because it is wrong;
- request that we delete your personal data in part or in full;
- restrict us to or request to us to stop in full, the processing of your personal data;
- request that we provide your personal data to another company;
- take back the consent you gave us to process your personal data.
Let us know if you want to exercise any of the above via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of this policy
We may need to change this document if there are changes in the law or our operations. If any major changes take place and you need to know about it, we will contact you.
Last update: 28.12.2020
Effective date: 04.01.2021
New version available here